The APN is proud to support the Fair Fuel UK Campaign
Launched in January 2011 FairFuelUK is the award winning Public Affairs Campaign that fights on behalf of hauliers and motorists for lower fuel duty and fairer more transparent pricing at the pumps.
FairFuelUK with its 1.2m supporters growing by the day has fought off £5bn in FUEL TAX hikes since 2011. Pump prices would be 16 to 20 pence more if it was not for the FairFuelUK Campaign.
The APN provides financial support to the campaign to support their efforts for the sector in achieving their objectives for 2015-2020:
- Lower Fuel Duty by at least 3p/litre
- Remove VAT on Fuel Duty - stop double taxation
- Independent transparent pump pricing inquiry to be initiated
- Fairer deal for motorists and the haulage industry in terms of more of tax contribution going into roads infrastructure and reparations
- Diesel pricing parity at the pumps
- Set up an all-party APPG for Fair Motoring issues (similar to FFUK APPG)
- Encourage Greener fuels initiatives
- Encourage the Greens to work with FairFuelUK for a cleaner environment
- Spread the Euro 6 message